This singer-songwriter has been performing in the GTA for a number of years primarily as a solo artist. Karen started playing piano at 12 and by the age of 15 she was writing and performing in local coffee houses. Her father was a part-time drummer and singer who’s repertoire included all of the Big Band favourites and crooners of the 40’s which greatly influenced Karen’s musical styling and writing.
Here’s what people have been saying about “Rain Down on Me”
Fantastic evening yesterday with Karen Thornton! Fabulous voice, great band, superb backup duo – a humorous and elegant performance
– Hamilton All Star Jazz
Karen Thornton is a local singer/pianist who can play big band swing and jazz, as well as her own compositions from her recently released album, “Rain Down on Me.”
– GrahamRockingham’s best bets, The Hamilton Spectator
I’ve been listening to Karen’s CD and I like it a lot. She is a really good singer and she’s backed by some wonderful musicians. The arrangements are great. I’d give it five stars.
– Jack Long, President & CEO Long & McQuade Musical Instruments, Appointed to the Order of Canada
Jazz doesn’t get much better than Rain Down on Me, the Hamilton Music Award nominated album from Waterdown’s Karen Thornton. The music will surely transport you into new worlds.
– Hamilton Blues Lovers
Always good to work with talented people
– Ian Thomas, who appears on “Little Love” with Karen
I absolutely love this album
– Russ Little, legendary trombonist and Gemini award winner, who appears on “Whatcha Gonna Do” with Karen
Thornton’s album features many local musicians, such as Ian Thomas, Steve McDade and Bianca Bernardi.
– Kathryn Dunmore Guest Contributor, Burlington Post